Friday, March 6, 2015

Garden Visit: Bearded Iris at Leonine Iris Gardens

Here are more photos from my visit Leonine Iris in Skyway, WA. Bob Seaman has created a beautiful garden on this small city lot and has specialized in PCIs since 2009. He has over 240 varieties, as well as a smattering of bearded irises and misc. other species, tucked into every corner, making excellent use of the small space. We were lucky to be there on a beautiful day when the sun was shining and the flowers - and visitors - were soaking it up. The following are some of my favorite bearded irises that I saw that day.




























I hope you have enjoyed this peek at the flowers in this wonderful collection. If you are in the Pacific Northwest be sure to plan a visit. The website tells me they are having another open garden on May 16th, 2015. I'll definitely be there.

1 comment:

  1. Those are stunning irises. I have some of them, but not all of them. I want them all. We have an iris farm here, too, and someday I'm going to be able to visit when it is actually open.

    ReplyDelete